Tuesday, August 01, 2006

If 50 is the new 40, I'd rather be old.

The folks at Good Housekeeping magazine have given us a list of 50 things/people/products that turn 50 this year. Among them are:

- Mel Gibson (drunk, stupid, but still good looking, damn it)
- "Dear Abby" (dead, right?)
- VCR (nearly dead, right?)
- Nonstick frying pan (might make you dead!)
- Jif peanut butter (clogs your arteries)
- Four basic food groups (would that be fats, cholesterol, trans fats, and antioxidants?)
- Toaster ovens (does that mean they still exist?)
- Johnny Cash's "I Walk the Line" (So, he foresaw a need for a size 0 jeans-selling jingle for The Gap way back then?)
- The Hermes Kelly bag (and I thought culture was dead)


Glad I'm not turning 50 this year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot STAND that skinny jeans commercial. Ugh. Well, I can't stand skinny jeans period.