Monday, February 27, 2006

Office Furniture

Don't ask me, but if you do, I will tell you that I think putting a piece of exercise equipment, no matter how sleek it looks or practical it seems, in your home office, is a colossally stupid idea.
I know this because I recently did this exact stupid thing. So now, as I sit at my desk browsing catalogs, reading unimportant blogs (not this one of course), ordering DVDs from Netflix, and otherwise procrastinating and NOT writing, I can look across the room and see my brand new, exceedingly well-designed, $879 NordicTrac treadmill, with the built in multi-speed fan, and think....oh, fine, another thing I'm not doing that I should be doing.

However, I have found that the treadmill is actually quite useful as a landing strip for my son's new Lego Luxury Passenger Jet, as well as a handy spot to plunk down the bags I keep bringing home from Staples, containing the new magazine holders, smoothly-flowing Uniball fine-line markers, color-coordinated file folders, and other nifty items I absolutely positively need for my work.

The work, which at the present moment, I am not doing. Not doing while staring at the treadmill. Feeling guilty. And fat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Starting up an office is quite a costly task. Barring the bigwigs, the people who start up an office at a limited budget try to save revenue wherever possible. Pareti mobili ufficio apart from saving money also has other advantages to it like flexibility and at the same time it also protects the privacy, visit http://www.momi.it